When John Parker founded Yeti he knew a lot about fabrication, but very little about making bikes. So he hired the Herting brothers, Chris and Eric and later, Frank “The Welder” Wadleton. This Yeti FRO prototype was made by Chris Herting for his personal ride – circa 1988/1989. The story goes that Chris Herting built the bike a bit tougher, with extra gusseting at the bridge which joined the seat stays to the bottom bracket shell – a weak point where early Yeti frames would often crack. The frame would be an extra large model today, which was a size that was never offered in Yeti’s John Parker years. Herting signed his work by TIG-welding his initials onto the bottom bracket shell.
Special thanks to The Pros Closet for the information and original photography.
Black, Dark Grey, Light Blue, Maroon, Military Green, Navy Blue, Red, Royal Blue, Sports Grey, White
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Retro MTB Bikes
The T-shirt is made from combed organic soft jersey with a luxurious hand feel and long-wearing comfort. Extra soft and smooth hand feel thanks to the ring-spun cotton. Combed yarn ensures finer, smoother, stronger, more compact, more uniform and cleaner fabric.
- 100% organic combed ring-spun cotton
- Crew neck collar with twin needle sleeve and bottom hems
- Side seams ensure the best fit and a masculine silhouette
- Fair Wear Foundation Certified
- Weight 190 g/m²
|TO FIT CHEST SIZE (INCH)||35/36||36/38||38/40||41/42||43/44||45/47|
- Machine washable at 40 Wash – inside Out
- Warm Iron – inside out
- Do not tumble dry
- All orders will be shipped within 48 hours after receipt of payment – business working days only
- All UK orders with Standard Delivery will be shipped Royal Mail Second Class Tracked service 1-3 days expected delivery.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of order receipt must be posted back in the condition you received them. Return posting costs are covered by the item returner.
Please note that artwork & designs produced by Bike Ninja is in no way endorsed by or official merchandise. If you want official merchandise then please do not buy from me but look to get official merchandise from the respective stores. thank you!